So if you guys want to change the name, where does it leave users like me presenting papers at conferences and citing Lazarus in technical papers as my software of choice?
I am asked a lot what software I use and I explicitly promote Lazarus/FPC.
This thread make me believe that I will segfault myself to promote Lazarus as the rug will be pulled under serious users feet. Afte this I would rather tell the world I am using Delphi but behind the scenes use Lazarus as I know Delphi
I cannot cite Lazarus in papers and then find..oh..it is now called Phoenix.
I will in future not cite Lazarus as the name will probably change, but rather give personal credit to the authors who assisted me.

Lazarus was a nice way to get around the Pascal-debunkers and it worked well, but I cannot cite something that is so mindlessly considered for rebranding.

Usually a name change is associated with public pressure, which would be ok as the world requires it and users promoting it dont have to segfault.