On Wed, 17 May 2006, Lv wrote:

So if you guys want to change the name, where does it leave users like me presenting papers at conferences and citing Lazarus in technical papers as my software of choice?
I am asked a lot what software I use and I explicitly promote Lazarus/FPC.
This thread make me believe that I will segfault myself to promote Lazarus as the rug will be pulled under serious users feet. Afte this I would rather tell the world I am using Delphi but behind the scenes use Lazarus as I know Delphi
I cannot cite Lazarus in papers and then find..oh..it is now called Phoenix.
I will in future not cite Lazarus as the name will probably change, but rather give personal credit to the authors who assisted me.

Lazarus was a nice way to get around the Pascal-debunkers and it worked well, but I cannot cite something that is so mindlessly considered for rebranding.

To assure you:

As far as I know, none of the core team considers a name change.
And if they don't, it won't happen.

Michael.