That is an excellent tip!  We should mention it somewhere on the Wiki.

Graeme.

On 5/17/06, L505 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 5/17/06, L505 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The reason I currently use Google to search for freepascal documentation on
the RTL
> > instead of using my local copy of my help documents, is because Google
itself is my
> > database that powers the search of the freepascal documentation. Some of
you just

> Just for interest sake, how do you use Google?  Using the "site:"
> command in the search box...?  eg:  site:freepascal.org GetPropValue

Exactly:

site:freepascal.org docs

The keyword "docs" helps filter out mailing list stuff and other pages.. if you
just want
to target in on the Documentatoin just type in "Docs" keyword in addition to
the site.

So:
site:freepascal.org docs getpropvalue

instead of just

site:freepascal.org getpropvalue

And don't always use this:
site:www.freepascal.org

Skip the www prefix, incase you find something in community.freepascal, etc.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1