On 13/01/2008, hy-soft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > That is the value for me and my customers.  As nice as
> > Delphi2007 IDE *really* is, it doesn't compile cross-platform or even to
> > 64 bit, but Lazarus does.
> No.You are right. And since borland changed to inprise, and back to
> borland,and forth to codegear, dropping off Kylix underway ... I am not
> really convinced by the company-politics anymore (and I really have been
> a "BorMAN")

Same here... We supported Borland since Delphi 4 thru Delphi 7.  It
was a great company and product in it's day. But now with Borland
trying to compete with Microsoft in their own game (refering to .NET
development) they are heading downhill.  Microsoft controls .NET and
will always create the best tools which also support the latest
version of .NET.

Also not to mention when Borland tried to sell off the development
tools section and nobody wanted to buy it - it says something about
the state of the company and product.  CodeGear is not having much
better luck either! I honestly don't think Delphi is going to be
around for much longer.  Borland should have targetted other platforms
(like Linux) where Microsoft had no footing - they should have given
Kylix a chance....   But now I'm getting a bit off topic. :) What's
done is done!

Regards,
  - Graeme -