On Jan 19, 2008, at 6:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 19/01/2008, Marc Santhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That was a rather nasty experience, because some theming engines
interfere with this bar color (not implementing all kinds of stuff or
not respecting properties set from the program), but for TEdit I think
it'll be straight forward.

The other problem was that we needed our application to work under
Windows and Linux. The whole point of moving over to Free Pascal and
Lazarus was not to have IFDEF's in our code, like we had between
Delphi and Kylix.

fpGUI has solved all those issue for us.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I really don't see the interest of fpGui.
Under Windows, I prefer Win32 due to it is the native gui. Under Linux GTK2 make all the work I need. QT may be too I don't really know I have not enough tested it. Under OS X I would prefer Cocoa but Carbon is fine too(additionally this widgetset begins to be really usable).

Projects work on these 3 platform without any defines, and they are quite complex. And the current LCL solves those issues too.
So what fpGUI brings to me ?

--
Damien Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Le temps n'a pas d'importance. Seul le code est important
   -- (f00ty)