Am Samstag, den 19.01.2008, 19:39 +0100 schrieb Damien Gerard:
> On Jan 19, 2008, at 6:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
> > On 19/01/2008, Marc Santhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> That was a rather nasty experience, because some theming engines
> >> interfere with this bar color (not implementing all kinds of stuff or
> >> not respecting properties set from the program), but for TEdit I
> >> think
> >> it'll be straight forward.
> >
> > The other problem was that we needed our application to work under
> > Windows and Linux. The whole point of moving over to Free Pascal and
> > Lazarus was not to have IFDEF's in our code, like we had between
> > Delphi and Kylix.
> >
> > fpGUI has solved all those issue for us.
>

> Sorry for my ignorance, but I really don't see the interest of fpGui.
> Under Windows, I prefer Win32 due to it is the native gui. Under Linux
> GTK2 make all the work I need. QT may be too I don't really know I
> have not enough tested it. Under OS X I would prefer Cocoa but Carbon
> is fine too(additionally this widgetset begins to be really usable).
>
> Projects work on these 3 platform without any defines, and they are
> quite complex. And the current LCL solves those issues too.
> So what fpGUI brings to me ?

I'm not there yet, but I'm very interested in fpGUI. In the near future
I'll start refreshing and multi-platforming a programm currently running
on FreeBSD only to run on WIndows, too.

And since one incarnation will have to work on a pretty small embedded
computer I'm very happy to get rid of the GTK1 (and it's bugs)
inbetween. That'll save loading time, main memory and the need to feed
and care for two version of one program.

To be honest I'm not really sure if fpGUI, MSEGui or even KOL will win
the race, but the closeness of fpGUI to LCL and lazarus makes it the
hottest candidate.

Marc