Lord Satan wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:53 +0200
"Graeme Geldenhuys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I still think having a
custom Object Pascal written toolkit for Lazarus is the way to go. The
LCL would have progressed and stabilized much faster if the Lazarus
developers did that from the start.

That's correct. And if they had used OpenGL for it, it would be hardware
accelerated, cross plattform and good looking, too. And we would need no stupid
Aero or Compiz or other composition managers. And we could do things other
widgetsets could only dream of. And porting to OpenES would be easy, too.
Stupid Lazarus developers. Now we only get this sucking Win API, GTK1, GTK2,
Carbon and QT. Nothing really works and all is full of bugs.

If we had used OpenGL, then we had to create out component framework first.

Keep in mind, Lazarus is primarely focused in using *native* components
and I repeat it again *native* components.
OpenGL is *not* native. EOD.

Marc