Hi Hal,

> All of these will change the primary display when S 0 is used and will
> do nothing when S 1 is used.  Values other than 0 and 1 return an
> error message from the xserver.  I am running XFree86 4.3.99 with the
> 2.6.5 kernel and KDE 3.3.  So is it me or does everyone have this same
> problem?

this depends on your video card and the driver for XFree. Matrox G400
cards do have only one Video-LUT for both display devices. You will
have the same problem when using Win32.

Intel's i865G supports Video-LUTs but does not have a complete driver
for XFree right now. NVidia Riva128 drivers for Win2000/XP had a bad
implementation: Your display became grayscale when using AdobeGamma...

You'll see: Both X and your card must support double Video-LUTs. Then
xgamma and xcalib and kgamma and ... will work. I do not have a dual
monitor setup at home - so I can't give you a recommendation or
detailed support for dual monitor stuff.

Stefan

--
Stefan Döhla       Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
Martensstr. 1      91058 Erlangen