On Tuesday 07 September 2004 02:09, gerard klaver wrote:
snip

> On the list there was also a email from Stefan Döhla about the tool:
>
> you can use Graem Gill's iccdump:
> # iccdump -t vcgt gamma_1_0.icc
>
> to detect if your profile contains a vcgt tag, not tested yet by
myself.

> --
> ----------
> m.vr.gr.
> Gerard Klaver

Good feedback I just tested the profile generated by lprof and it has
no vcgt.  I get the following message: iccdump: Warning -
icc->find_tag() can't find tag ''vcgt'' in file.  I tried this on the
gamma_1_0.icc file that came with xcalib and got a good result.  So it
appears that lprof does not create the vcgt tag.

A possible enhancement to xcalib would be to issue an error message and
do nothing if there is not a valid vcgt.
--
Hal V. Engel