On Monday 06 September 2004 16:39, gerard klaver wrote:
snip
> I use wine to install and startup the the binary from
> lcms_profiler_beta_3.exe (no source)
>

> For lprof, (is not supported anymore, is removed from the lcms site)
> on the next link, a source package can be found.
>
> http://www.itp.tu-graz.ac.at/Comp/RPM/LByName.html

snip

I can run lcms_profiler_beta_3.exe in wine but for using it's monitor
calibration I don't think this will work.  After all what am I
calibrating when I do this?  Will the results be valid for my Linux
desktop or only for applications running under wine?  In addition for
monitors this package does only calibration, has no interface for a
spectrometer or any way to input spectrometer data and does not
generate a monitor profile.  And then in Windows I don't even know
what it does with the data that was generated during calibration.
Does it use AdobeGamma or does it install it's own utility to update
the LUT?   How would I use this in Linux to update the LUT?

I think using Windows based profilers are fine if you are profiling
scanners, cameras and printers for Linux as long as you do all of the
image IO in Linux using the same drivers and setting that you will be
using normally.  I have done this for my printer and my scanner using
Profile Prism with good results.

http://www.itp.tu-graz.ac.at/Comp/RPM/LByName.html has binary RPMs but
no source.  I have found a number of other sites that also have RPMs
but no source code.   I did find the source code at
http://www.littlecms.com/profilers.htm and I have just built it and it
is working as far as I can tell.  So it is on the LCMS site it is just
hidden away.

I just generated a monitor profile using course profile option and all
default values with lprof and when I used xcalib to try to set the LUT
using that profile my display went all blue.  So there is clearly a
problem with the vcgt-tag being generated by lprof.  Anyone else tried
this?  Is it just me or are others seeing this?
--
Hal V. Engel