On Wednesday 22 February 2006 12:14 pm, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
snip
>       It appears to not become active until Profile Identification is
> opened at least once.  I loaded the image, selected the corners, chose an
> output icc filename, and then the button became active when I went in
> Profile Identification... even though I hit cancel.

The problem with the Create Profile button being gray or not being gray when
it should not be is fixed in CVS.  I actually found and fixed to problems
related to this.

snip
> Profile checker opens.  Hitting Inspect Profile is when it aborts.
> Profile has the one just generated (/home/papenfuss/.color/icc/test2.icc)
> Target contains the Q60 file from the Kodak batch of my target
> Measurement has the .cgt file (/home/papenfuss/.lprof/temp/meaurement.cgt)
>
> > I don't think this has anything to do with specific version of libraries.
> >  As long as lcms is fairly recent.  I have been testing with 1.14 and
> > have tested with 1.13 in the past.  But I have not tested yet with 1.15.
>
>       I am running 1.15.

I just did some testing with lcms 1.15 and I was not able to reproduce this
particular problem.  But LPROF, at least on my machine, had other much more
significant problems with 1.15 as the profiles generated were very bad. The
profiles had very high delta E numbers (52 average and a peak of 124.5).
With 1.14 installed the same setup produced a profile with an average delta E
of 1.08 and a peak that is 5.76.   I am wondering if there might be some
problem somewhere in the lcms code when running on an amd64 machine?  I
un-installed and reinstalled each version several times to make sure that the
only difference was the version of lcms.

Anyone have any ideas about what might be going on?

Hal