On Wednesday 22 February 2006 05:01 pm, Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
> Hal V. Engel wrote:
> > I just did some testing with lcms 1.15 and I was not able to reproduce
> > this particular problem.  But LPROF, at least on my machine, had other
> > much more significant problems with 1.15 as the profiles generated were
> > very bad. The profiles had very high delta E numbers (52 average and a
> > peak of 124.5). With 1.14 installed the same setup produced a profile
> > with an average delta E of 1.08 and a peak that is 5.76.   I am wondering
> > if there might be some problem somewhere in the lcms code when running on
> > an amd64 machine?  I un-installed and reinstalled each version several
> > times to make sure that the only difference was the version of lcms.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas about what might be going on?
>
> Looks like the ABI was changed incompatibly (though the library version
> is still liblcms.so.1) :-(
>
> The difference is obviously in the GAMMATABLE structure, which got some
> new fields, and every program which either references fields in a
> GAMMATABLE structure, or which uses sizeof(GAMMATABLE) or which declares
> variables of type GAMMATABLE (and not just pointers) may now get
> problems if it is not recompiled with the new lcms.h 1.15.
>
> Have you tried to recompile everything with the 1.15 lcms header files?
> Or did you just run the binary compiled with 1.14 header files with the
> 1.15 libraries?
>
> Regards,
> Gerhard

Gerhard,

I just build the new version of lcms and ran LPROF against it without
rebuilding it.   I don't know what I was thinking as the first thing I should
have done once the new version of lcms was installed is to rebuild LPROF just
in case something changed like it had in fact done this time.

I just rebuilt LPROF against the new version of lcms and it runs fine.
Including not being able to reproduce the problem that Cory reported with the
profile checker.   So Cory's problem is not 1.15 specific.

I will have to revert back to lcms 1.14 for a while since I will have to
rebuild a number of other apps if I don't.  But it is good to know that lcms
1.15 does not appear to have any problems.

Hal