Paul Miller wrote:
> Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>> At 10:31 AM 8/2/2006, Paul Miller wrote:
>>> Agreed - but I am just using the cmsDoTransform() function, passing in
>>> my entire image "blob", but *it* is calling the pixel unpack/pack
>>> functions per-pixel. The interface for defining custom transform
>>> formatters is also per-pixel.
>>         Ah - got it.
>>
>>         I unpack/pack my data ahead of time, into a format that lcms can
>> handle, and then send in the scanlines or image.
>
> Is there any documentation on how to do that? It seems lcms is doing
> everything in 16 bit per channel, even when working on 8 bit data.

If you need a very fast transformation for 8-bit input data, then you
may also want to take alternatively a look at the IMDI routines of
http://www.argyllcms.com. On my notebook (Mobile Athlon 64 4000+) the
included test program achieves approx 25 Mpixel/s for a 3D -> 3D
transformation, with 8 bit per channel input data (this would correspond
for exampple to circa 30 frames/s at 1024x768 - for the color
transformation only, of course):

[...]
Testing id = 3, od = 3, ip = 8, op = 8
About to create refi
About to create imdi
Speed = rate = 25.890741 Mpix/sec
Worst error = 3 = 1.176471%, average error = 0.006331%

Testing id = 3, od = 3, ip = 8, op = 16
About to create refi
About to create imdi
Speed = rate = 26.886538 Mpix/sec
Worst error = 253 = 0.386053%, average error = 0.003894%
[...]

Programming is not as easy and comfortable as the LCMS API, but you may
accept that if speed matters.

Regards,
Gerhard