Luis.F.Correia wrote:

>>>Anyway, I could think of a core that boots without glibc and loads
>>>glibc 2.0.7 for floppy releases and glibc whatever for CD, HD et
>>>al...
>>>

>>I think supporting 3 different c-libraries at a time will cause lots of
>>problems for users, and for the developers supporting them. I'd prefer
>>to drop support for the ancient glibc-2.0.7.
>>

>Question:
>
>If we drop support for the ancient glibc-2.0.7, will we still able to
>use the floppy versions?

That will become a bit more difficult. I don't have any exact numbers,
but I estimate that glibc 2.2.x will take around 225-250 kb more
diskspace than glibc 2.0.7. That why I've been mentioning uClibc for the
last few months. Unfortunately not all programs will compile
out-of-the-tarball with uClibc, but I think enough programs do to build
a decent base system for leaf. For some extra programs glibc will still
be needed, but much of that fancy stuff probably won't fit on a floppy
anyway.

Ewald Wasscher