> >Anyway, I could think of a core that boots without glibc and loads
> >glibc 2.0.7 for floppy releases and glibc whatever for CD, HD et
> >al...
>
> I think supporting 3 different c-libraries at a time will cause lots of
> problems for users, and for the developers supporting them. I'd prefer
> to drop support for the ancient glibc-2.0.7.

Can we provide glibc-2.0.7 as a "compatability library", the way RedHat
does, so if necessary, folks can run old code without worrying about
re-compiles or crashes?  I'd like to have a system that could potentially
support more than one c library.  2.2.x for current work, 2.0.7 for older,
existing LRP packages, and perhaps uClibc (or newlib, tinylibc, or similar)
for core floppy or boot-strap features.

Anyone know what details have to be dealt with to have multiple c libraries
on the system at the same time?

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net