Comments below:

> >>I think supporting 3 different c-libraries at a time will
> >>cause lots of
> >>problems for users, and for the developers supporting them.
> >>I'd prefer
> >>to drop support for the ancient glibc-2.0.7.
> >>

> >Question:
> >
> >If we drop support for the ancient glibc-2.0.7, will we
> >still able to
> >use the floppy versions?
> >

> That will become a bit more difficult. I don't have any exact
> numbers,
> but I estimate that glibc 2.2.x will take around 225-250 kb more
> diskspace than glibc 2.0.7. That why I've been mentioning
> uClibc for the
> last few months. Unfortunately not all programs will compile
> out-of-the-tarball with uClibc, but I think enough programs
> do to build
> a decent base system for leaf. For some extra programs glibc
> will still
> be needed, but much of that fancy stuff probably won't fit on
> a floppy
> anyway.
>
> Ewald Wasscher

Most everything you need for a floppy distro compiles under uClibc,
including chat, cron, ctar, inetd, ip, iptables, pppd, run-parts,
setserial, tc and tcpd, and presumably a bunch of others I haven't
tried. Of course, busybox and tinylogin work under uClibc, and do most
of the heavy lifting.

-Richard