You raise an interesting question about using the Earth Orientation Data.  The
precision orbit determination folks at JPL probably use the EO data from some
other source when doing their thing, since it’s all post processing anyway
mostly from code and carrier phase observables, not decoding the nav messages.
I can ask

Sent from my iPad