Yes, many.

I have a system that I've been using in my FTW software for over 10 years.
FTW handles up to 99 children. I am researching all of my ancestral
surnames. Many of the same surname people I discover are not yet documented
as being a member of my ancestral lines. So, I put them under a patriarch
named: "00 not yet my Arens" (without quotes). He then has sons
named: 001-100 (etc) not yet my Arens. In my Arens line I have about 3,000
of these Arens people. Each of my many other ancestral surnames are handled
the same way. I keep all my records in the same file so that when I do add a
connected ancestor, the program often finds the previously 'not yet' person
match within the program so I can 'fix relationships' and thereby connect
the appropriate previously 'not yet' wives, children, descendants,
ancestors, etc. Some of my 'not yet' Arens lines are over 5 generations
long. I have over 70,000 individuals in this same file. When doing reports
it's convenient to have all 'not yet' people readily identifiable.

When I imported the FTW generated GEDCOM file into Legacy 7 Deluxe, it
disconnected all children beyond 60. So now, in Legacy, I have these many
family lines floating around without a 'head'. I've tried to think of ways
to 'round them up' so I can create '061-100' etc. fathers. I've tried going
through PAF, which handles more than 60 children, .... no help there.

 If someone has developed a better system for accomplishing this, I would
greatly appreciate the help.

my current home page:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/r/e/Robert-Arens-MN/index.html#edit