Robert Arens wrote
 If someone has developed a better system for accomplishing this, I would greatly appreciate the help.

I wouldn't claim to have a "better" system, but I can only point out that the advised method of working is backwards from the known to the unknown, so you should only link people where you have good reason to do so - eg, you add a father to someone when you are fairly certain you have identified someone as their father. If you cannot link someone, then add them as an unlinked individual, or add a series of linked individuals as separate trees within the one family file.

Easy enough then to make links between people when you discover the connection between 2 people in different trees. I don't really see any advantage in having dozens of people linked as siblings when their may not be any connection between them.

I don't know, I should say, if there is a limit on the number of trees your can have within one family file.
--
Jenny M Benson