Mary Horner wrote:
Bill, thanks for the comments but can you translate into simple stupid for
me.
I would like to get the data off Ancestry as simply as possible for me. I am
a two-finger typist, struggling with sourcing, clipboards etc. It literally
can take me a day to enter a handful of Marriage registrations. I thought I
could safely upload my tree into Ancestry, with a few clicks save this data
on my tree and then export back into Legacy. Is this possible or is it too
risky to bother with? I have a hard time understanding what you have written
below

Mary, it seems like the others have misread your message and think you are wanting to upload data to Ancestry. The way I read your first, html, message, you were asking how to download from Ancestry.

Starting from the Home Page:-

a) Select your family tree
b) Click on 'Tree Settings'. This is alongside 'View Profile for'
c) Click on the 'Export Tree' button

The site will now generate your GEDCOM file and, when complete, give a button from which you can download the file.

d) Click on the 'Download your GEDCOM file' button
e) When prompted, save the file to your disk and remember where it is!

Now you can use Legacy. Close any file you may have open.

Now, select File--> Import From--> GEDCOM

Follow the prompts :-)

--
Best regards,
Mike Fry