Darlene,

Other things to check too. When a file is on a CD the read-only attribute is set to on because you cannot modify a file on a CD. Legacy needs to be able to modify the file and will not allow access.

To access the file your friend will have to:
1. Copy the file(s) to her hard drive, and
2. Verify that the read-only attribute has been turned off. She can do this by right clicking on the file and selecting properties. The state of the read-only attribute will be shown at the bottom of the screen. If it is checked she will have to click on the check mark to remove it.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Renee Zamora wrote:
Did you send her a gedcom, backup or the actual database? Is she trying to restore it into the program or just clicking on the file you sent her. It will depend on what you gave her as to what she needs to do.

Renee Zamora
www.harrisena.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darlene Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>