Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer schrieb:
[Robert Kaiser, 11.08.2011, 21:17]:
Most of us always agreed that our data is "the data of the OSM project" as
soon as we contributed it, and that the project will always be able to use
it. Some disagree apparently and make the life of the project much harder.

Unfortunately it is not „the OSM project“ that will decide what happens with
the data in the future.

Oh, but every self-respecting member of the project is who will decide.

And as for the OSMF, I cite www.osmfoundation.org with "The OpenStreetMap Foundation is an international not-for-profit organization supporting, but not controlling, the OpenStreetMap Project. It is dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free geospatial data and to providing geospatial data for anyone to use and share."

I'm happy to grant some rights to my data to such a foundation so that I don't have to care about every legal bit myself.

Robert Kaiser