Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Jeremy, did you have to make any changes to the toolchain adjustment phase to
> cater for GCC-4.2.1?

I made changes to adjusting.xml for the sake of adding compatibility for
x86_64 _before_ I upgraded to gcc 4.2.1. So I'm guessing I avoided what
you're hitting now. Here's what is in trunk:

gcc -dumpspecs | sed '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/tools&@g' \
   > `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs

And here's what's in the jh branch:

gcc -dumpspecs | sed 's@/lib\(64\)\?/ld@/tools&@g' \
   > `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs

Apart from the use of a possible /lib64, the biggest difference is that
I don't specify to find the name of the linker at the beginning of a
line, because that's not where it appears for x86_64 (and I'm guessing
for gcc-4.2.1 on x86 it doesn't appear there either). Can you confirm if
the following works?

gcc -dumpspecs | sed 's@/lib/ld@/tools&@g' \
   > `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs

I would diff the above with the original output of -dumpspecs to make
sure it only hits what you want.

--
JH