Sam,

Congratulations on the application; clearly there is a need for a
competitive field of such applications, however, I am a bit concerned about
the lack of documentation. The estimated 26 days until the launch of Secure
Journalist is a bit of a long wait. In the interim, is there some material
you could share with libtech about the specifications? For example, I
presume "a secure FTP protocol" is SFTP, but you never know what some
people try ...

Also, is just me or does securejournalist.com not even load using Tor?

Lastly, needs more hipster filters.

Cordially,
Collin

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:28 AM, sam de silva <s...@media.com.au> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been meaning to share this iPhone blur/secure cam app called TERC
> with the LibTech community - but was hoping to get it refined prior to
> doing so. But it looks like that may not happen in the near future, so here
> we go:
>
> TERC was built using a small grant from Internews<http://www.internews.org> to
> provide iPhone users with a way to take photos, blur out sensitive areas,
> store those photos more safely than in the default photo album, and FTP or
> email them across to a newsdesk. It's a parallel of sorts to the Guardian
> Project's ObscuraCam <https://guardianproject.info/apps/securecam/> -
> though ObscuraCam <https://guardianproject.info/apps/securecam/> offers
> more features/options to the user ...
>
> We wanted to keep TERC as simple as possible, and hope the interface is
> relatively intuitive. The support website is still under construction.
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/app/terc/id500399236?mt=8
>
> Look forward to your thoughts. Also, feedback from journalists and
> bloggers appreciated. Please email me directly, or via the list.
>
> Best, Sam.

*Collin David Anderson*
averysmallbird.com | @cda | Washington, D.C.