Congrats Sam,

Is the app open source? It would be great to know more about where the code
is located and what efforts have been made to audit the tool. I'm
especially interested to hear how you are implementing secure storage on
iOS devices.

I hope to be announcing our own new mobile reporting tool very soon here on
the list!

cheers

Brian

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM, sam de silva <s...@media.com.au> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been meaning to share this iPhone blur/secure cam app called TERC
> with the LibTech community - but was hoping to get it refined prior to
> doing so. But it looks like that may not happen in the near future, so here
> we go:
>
> TERC was built using a small grant from Internews<http://www.internews.org> to
> provide iPhone users with a way to take photos, blur out sensitive areas,
> store those photos more safely than in the default photo album, and FTP or
> email them across to a newsdesk. It's a parallel of sorts to the Guardian
> Project's ObscuraCam <https://guardianproject.info/apps/securecam/> -
> though ObscuraCam <https://guardianproject.info/apps/securecam/> offers
> more features/options to the user ...
>
> We wanted to keep TERC as simple as possible, and hope the interface is
> relatively intuitive. The support website is still under construction.
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/app/terc/id500399236?mt=8
>
> Look forward to your thoughts. Also, feedback from journalists and
> bloggers appreciated. Please email me directly, or via the list.
>
> Best, Sam.

Brian Conley

Director, Small World News

http://smallworldnews.tv