Maxim Kammerer said:
> ... Any decent mailing list uses reply-to-list as a default. ...

Pardon me, but that's not true.  GNU Mailman is a decent list server
and it ships with reply-to-sender.  You must go out of your way to
munge the Reply-to header.  They recommend against it:
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node11.html

> ... no new information has been brought in this thread.

That seems unlikely.  I think the new information is that *this*

> ... preventing personal replies from being inadvertently sent to the
> entire list.

is now recognized to be a safety issue.

Matt Mackall said:
> It's quite easy to imagine <extremely embarassing private matter>
> being replaced by <career-ending aside> on most lists, but on this
> one in particular it might be replaced by <potentially
> life-endangering datum>. ...  How many... minor inconveniences equal
> one job lost or life endangered? ...

Isn't that a valid point?

--
Michael Allan