On 2013-06-09, at 1:02 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <ja...@appelbaum.net> wrote:

> Nadim Kobeissi:
>> Jake, I don't agree with x z (and rather agree with you), but I'm
>> really tired of just how aggressive and rude you always are on
>> Libtech. And it doesn't appear to just be towards me. I'm not the
>> only person who feels like this.
>>
>> Even if you're right, tone your ego knob down already. Be nice. I can
>> barely read through threads anymore. Thank you.
>
> Dear Nadim,
>
> I'm sorry that your felt that I was aggressive and rude. It wasn't my
> intention. Nor do I think that my last email had anything to do with my ego.
>
> I was defending Glenn's reputation and his findings - which seem
> absolutely solid from where I'm standing.

What a nice thing to say! Thank you! :-)
I think Glenn Greenwald is a wonderful journalist who really revealed a hugely
meaningful story. Maybe not the story of the decade overall, but perhaps the
story of the decade when it comes to computer and information security and
privacy.

The thing is, I agree with you almost all the time. But you alienate me (and I
think others too) because of the ruthlessness in which you express yourself.
Even well-known members of a community do not obtain a license to talk down to
others.

I think it's super nice of you to be this considerate and I think this is a
solid contribution to improving the mood of this list. I hope "x z" also
appreciates this clarification! Hurray for Jake!

NK