Hello,

is there a way to successfully use tablewriter to insert binary data?

The problem I am seeing is that applying escape_binary() to the tuple
value yields an extra level of escaping (which breaks), and either not
escaping at all or using sqlesc() breaks as expected as soon as a null
byte is encountered.

I looked at the source and the tablewriter seems to do it's own
escaping of a select few characters (tabs, whitespace, backslash, a
few more), but I see no way to make this either generic (handling
anything) or optional.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.scode.org