> I looked at the source and the tablewriter seems to do it's own
> escaping of a select few characters (tabs, whitespace, backslash, a
> few more), but I see no way to make this either generic (handling
> anything) or optional.

So I don't know what I was on; I misread it. It seems to also escape
all high bit bytes - but not NULL bytes. I see no mention of NULL
bytes (only NULL column values) in the PostgreSQL documentation for
COPY, but presume that escaping them as \x00 or \000 would be
supported by the server.

Am I missing something or is this a change that needs to be made
before tablewriter can support binary data?

Thanks,

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.scode.org