On 8/18/16, 3:57 PM, "License-discuss on behalf of Lawrence Rosen"
<license-discuss-boun...@opensource.org on behalf of lro...@rosenlaw.com>
wrote:

>Nigel Tzeng wrote:
>> The issue here is for code that is potentially quite substantial.  I
>>would think that would be a different scenario.
>
>If I include the works of Shakespeare in my software, it would of course
>be substantial and yet still be public domain almost everywhere (?).

If patents aren't a concern then okay.  Copyright lasts longer than
patents so for anything that is in the public domain because of age then
no patents would still apply.

There isn¹t a lot of code that has aged out.  Only code written between
before 1963 and didn¹t get a renewal.