> I'll say. The first version clearly acknowledged the contribution made by
> Roger and the Hercules team - not directly to the writing, but recognising
> how helpful Hercules had been. Perhaps that contribution shouldn't have been
> acknowledged; who am I to say? If it had never been there we wouldn't miss
> it. To put it in for six months then gratuitously and sneakily remove every
> trace of it shows a *nasty* revisionist tendancy - and gives Roger and the
> Hercules team a very public slap in the face, IMHO. Sure IBM supports the
> principle of open-source - when it suits them. As far as I'm concerned,
> they're on probation as from now.

OK, I've now been through it.

As well as the missing chapter, a reference to Hercules in 13.1 (now 12.1, of course)
has also
been removed, and four URLs have disappeared from Appendix G4.  Two were Jay's and are
still
accessible - the other two are not.

http://www.snipix.freeserve.co.uk/hercules.htm gives a DNS error.  Frankly, I'm not
surprised - I too have shut a Freeserve site in the last six months.  I left a
redirector up,
but not everyone knows how to do that.

http://penguinvm.princeton.edu/hercules/linux.aws.gz throws up a 404, but some
chopping of the
URL eventually produces a redirect to linuxvm.org

Overall it's a complete job - there were 69 references to Hercules in the old version,
and
there are none at all in the new one.

--
  Phil Payne