On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 17:12, John Summerfield wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 07:02, you wrote:
> > John, It really wasn't intended to be quite so serious. But since you
> > mention it, I am not convinced that they do understand. I'm sure that we
> > have all seen the interviews with x-MS'ers that speak to the fact that
> > they may well be this disconnected. Of course my paranoid side wants to
>
> I tend to think a good number below the top levels are: they'd be likely to
> believe what the bosses say. If you're right and Gates, Ballmer etc don't
> understand, then maybe we don't have much to worry about. I really don't
> think many people will be going back, and those who've made the move will
> continue to evangelise.

If they did fully understand it we would have been whipped into
submission a long time ago.

> Which  is more effective: word of mouth, or paid advertising?

With the beating that the media is taking right now I'm thinking that
stable installations and credible word of mouth is going to win
(unfortunately, for some folks, it's a little too slow).

> > believe that it's all a play on words to get the community to believe
> > that Linux is insecure, unmanageable and evil.
> Well! I reallh do hope Bill can't manage it;-)

Now this we can agree upon!