On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:07:28PM +0100, Adam Ryczkowski wrote:
> Question as in title.
>
> I did remount my btrfs partition as read-only
>
> (i.e. I did "sudo mount /dev/sda9 /mnt/btrfs-root -o ro")
>
> And when I did
>   btrfs send /mnt/btrfs-root >/dev/null
> I received "ERROR: /mnt/adama-docs is not read-only."
>
> Although, when I
>   sudo touch /mnt/btrfs-root/foo
> I get "touch: cannot touch `/mnt/btrfs-root/foo': Read-only file system"
>

> My btrfs --version reads
>   Btrfs v0.20-rc1-56-g6cd836d
>
> And uname -r
>   3.7.8-030708-generic
>
> Do I miss something obvious? Or should I wait until next kernel version?

   You need to make a read-only snapshot with the -r option to btrfs
sub snap. This is independent of the mount options, and prevents the
resulting subvolume from being modified during the send operation.

   The error message isn't obvious, and should probably be improved.

   Hugo.

      --- If it's December 1941 in Casablanca,  what time is it ---
                              in New York?