On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:14:30AM +0100, Adam Ryczkowski wrote:
> Welcome,
>
> I need to clone btrfs partition. Not a single snapshot, but the
> whole lot of snapshots.
>
> I thought that send & receive can help me. Can it? When I try to use
>
>   btrfs send /mnt/btrfs-root >/dev/null
>
> I get "ERROR: /mnt/adama-docs is not read-only.", and I was
> explained that I need to use snaphot (created with the "-r" switch).
>
> So does it mean that I need to make a recursive search for each
> read&write subvolume on the file system in order to make a read-only
> snapshot, so I can clone the whole partition? Or is there a more
> simple approach?

   Right now, yes, that's what you'll have to do. Note that the set of
snapshots won't be atomic, although each snapshot itself is atomic.
Recursive snapshots aren't implemented yet, but are on the list of
things to do.

   Hugo.

                   --- I know of three kinds: hot, ---
                cool,  and what-time-does-the-tune-start?