Hi, Ira Abramov!

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 07:49:40PM +0200, you wrote the following:

> > 3)If Ira think me and other list admins doesn't do much I would gladly
> > forward him all the error messages/bounce mistakes I get like 20 of htem
> > per day i avrage.
>
> that's what I'm trying to ease off your back, wouldn't you like that? 20
> a day sounds way too high to me, doesn't listar handle bouncing by
> itself?

Actually, it's about two messages per each message to the list. It was
more until the cleanup I did yesterday (unsubscribed many broken
addresses). It can be reduced to zero by unsubscribing the other
offending addresses, but both are errors that I suspect might be fixed
soon so I'll leave them for a few more days.

(Listar doesn't handle bouncing by itself, it's not an MTA -- it
passes the messages to send to exim, with Sender: linux-il-bounce, and
whatever it gets on the linux-il-bounce address, it forwards to the
admin.)

Generally, my policy is that if the error is fixable, I leave it for a
few days, and if it's not fixed anyway, I unsubscribe the person, so
when he fixes it he can subscribe back again.

> > 4)I donno what you want from list-owner or vadik the e-mail address for
> > admin problems is [EMAIL PROTECTED] and one of the admins
> > would answer.
>
> that's the first I have heard of that Email address, listname-owner is
> the usual standard, and that gets checked once a week or two, check it
> out.

I think listname-owner also works. In any case, I get the messages
intended for moderation, and try to approve them as fast as possible.

(FWIW: I got admin access to this list from Ely very recently after he
said that he's not interested in it. So you can contact me if you have
problems or want changes. But the standard linux-il-* addresses should
work anyway (and get to me) so I didn't bother announcing it.)

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]   +-----------------------

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
        -- Mikko Hänninen

PGP signature