GD>> with the RedHat 9), the Windows NT/2K/XP/2K3 has better security
GD>> and scheduling (Though performance is impressive)

Windows security is a funny thing. It is so good almost no one
understands/uses it :) I mean, certainly, using it like it was intended.

GD>> In short, the Win32API is impressive... but the OSs that use it
GD>> are *not*. (Again being polite and all)

I heard from someone once working in MS that it suffers from the same
problem you just have outlined - bloat (a lot of unneeded things,
duplication, etc.) and clumsyness. I, not being MS Internals pro, can not
confirm or deny that, but I tend to believe.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells