On Friday, 19 בJanuary 2007 14:04, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> So, what CAN I tell them? I need a smart argument, not a "well I think
> it's slower" argument. Better yet, what can I check to PROVE that
> there is a problem on their end?

Instead of trying to prove, you can try to use simple tools
that would give you a rough idea if there is an exceptional problem
and where is its probable location:
 1. Check the round trip time when you ping various targets (your
    ISP mail server, some big Israeli sites, some big US sites, etc.)
 2. Even better, traceroute the same addresses and see where you
    accumulate the biggest latencies (the 'ms' numbers in the end
    of each line).
 3. Even easier to use is 'mtr' (a combination of ping and traceroute).

Note that this only give you *latencies* and not *bandwidth*, however
if your performance dropped significantly, it'll probably show in
the latency as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

"Windows is NOT a virus: a virus is small and efficient."
                             --Jonathan Leffler, Informix