On Monday 25 February 2008 06:36, Avraham Rosenberg wrote:
> > I feel dumb.. Am I missing something, or is it just impossible to send
> > Right-To-Left mails in plaintext?
> > Must I use HTML mails when I write in Hebrew?
>
> I use plain text for my E-mail in Hebrew (Mailer mutt, editor vi). My only
> real problems are with the choice of encoding (utf-8 or ISO) and, when
> writing to people who use windows, I have to remember that their mail
> clients automatically reverse direction. So that I have to use a terminal
> in which the Hebrew text appears reversed in my system.
> As there is a variety of mailers in windows, and they do not treat Hebrew
> exactly the same way, I receive from time to time complains about some
> problems. Actually, I am not sure that these problems are related to their
> mailer. The problem may be just the size of their window/vs the length of
> my lines. Keeping lines short is a safe bet.

First, kudos for using vim for mails. (Real men use 'ed' =) )

Maybe I was unclear: I wasn't talking about using Logical Hebrew - this I take
for granted.. I was talking about 'align to the right' and putting the text
in 'RTL mode', so that mixed Hebrew lines with few English words inside
would be rendered correctly.

I find it funny if it's just not possible in plaintext.. I like plaintext :)

 - Oren