Hi,

You can't use RTL in plain text mode because of a simple issue: what
would tell the text to be in RTL? If's there's no HTML/CSS decleration
about RTL, why should the mail be in RTL? I know that kmail for
example is smart enough to detect that if a paragraph begins in hebrew
text, then it should be automatically aligned to right (it was my idea
to convince Lars from TrollTech to implement it, actually), but other
mailers simply won't honour it.

I'll take myself for example: I'm using gmail and I'm using another
account with HTML enabled to send Hebrew mail. That way I can be
assured that the receiver side will get my Hebrew mail
right-justified, in RTL and fully readable (unlike the Hebrew hotmail
which comes junk at some web based mails).

So yes, you need to use HTML mode to send a full hebrew text which
would display nicely on the other side. You could of course ignore
this, but it's any body's guess how the other side will accept it.

Thanks,
Hetz

--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org