> It's not "new" IC. It's XC5000C. Maybe i was interpreted wrong.
> As I have understood, such behaviour can depends from FW version.
> HW vendor says, that with his latest FW he always gets response 0x14b4.

Ah, so you're running a completely different firmware image?  Well in
that case that would explain the different response for the firmware
loaded indication.

> Not a 0x1388. And I think, that these ICs still come without pre-loaded FW.
> HW vendor also didn't says anything about FW pre-load possibility.

Correct.  These are not parts that have any form of default firmware
in their ROM mask (i.e. not like the silabs or micronas parts which
have a default firmware and the ability to patch the ROM via a
software loaded code update).  The firmware must be loaded every time
the chip is brought out of reset or it won't work at all.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com