-----Original Message-----
From: "Wolfgang Mües" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [linux-usb-devel] Problem with 2GB card using USB SD card reader

>Hmmmm... I think Windows is using the information from
>the partitions to
>compute the size, not from the CSD.

I think so.
If the poster uses d and /dev/null to Ero the start of the card, and then
checks how windows deals with it, we will soon know.

I think it is worth having a blacklist or module options to indicate that the
USB host needs to implement the 2GB hack.

Generally - as there seem to be many hack and quirk lists building up - I'm
tending towards preferring a text database of such quirks that can be updated
seperately from kernel releases.

This would make it simpler for many techie-but-not-kernel-hacker users to
provide such information.

As an example it took me half an hour to test the quirks for a quad usb hid
device using khexedit to patch in a usb-I'd to an existing driver. It took 8
hours to get a kernel compiled and patch. I still don't have time to verify if
both quirks for another dual usb are actually required and so that patch isn't
adopted yet.

Anyway...

Sam