I have an unreleased device that I am attempting to get working under
linux.  It works fine under win98.  Also I am having the same problem with
an Intel USB camera.  I know that there are no drivers for these, but as
you can see that isn't the problem here.  I did manage to get a USB
keyboard to connect correctly.

Fortunately I have a CATC USB Chief analyzer, although I have to note that
I am somewhat new to USB.

The problem occurs during the GET_DESCRIPTOR transaction.  (The second one
with the proper address add=2)  The transaction is not acked.  It is sent
in five groups of three, none of them acked or nacked.  There is no
repsonse from the device at all.

I suspect the problem actually occurs earlier during the set_address.  The
set_address is sent (the same as the win98) and acked, then several INs
are sent each of which are nacked until a final one is acked.  On win98
the first one is acked.

A similar result follows the first (address=0) get_descriptor.  Again no
nacks on win98.

Another difference is that there appear to be several RESETs under win98.
Of note is one that falls between the get_descriptor (add=0) and the
set_address.

Any advice?  I may be able to provide traces.  I would say the device is
bad, but things are smooth as silk under win98.  Possibly it is just out
of spec?  It seems to follow a VERY similar sequence under win98, but
somehow it enumerates correctly.

I am using 2.2.15 with the backport under uhci.o  Thanks for any advice
you can offer.

----
Mark Douglas Corner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]