> > Maybe the device is missing the RESET?
>
> Very possible.

Still not sure exactly what is going on but I have a fix!!!

In hub.c the last lines of usb_hub_port_connect_change can be changed to:

/* Run it through the hoops (find a driver, etc) */
        if (usb_new_device(usb)) {
          usb_connect(usb);
          if (usb_new_device(usb)) {
            /* Woops, disable the port */
            dbg("hub: disabling port %d", port + 1);
            usb_clear_port_feature(hub, port + 1,
                                   USB_PORT_FEAT_ENABLE);
          }

This basically tries to enumerate the device twice from SCRATCH, rather
than attempting it 15 times in the middle.  Let me know what you think, I
can change it to a configurable number of times or something like that.
Both the Intel USB camera and my other device enumerate fine now.

Cool...

----
Mark Douglas Corner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]