Three traces are now available:
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~mcorner/linux_mydev.usb
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~mcorner/win_mydev.usb
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~mcorner/linux_camera.usb

I have included a summary of the first two traces below.

Also after further study this is what I have found:  The camera doesn't
work for what appears to be a DIFFERENT reason.  In that case the zero
length data packet is never sent after the set_address.  We can deal with
this later. (BTW, there are several different Intel USB cameras.  Some may
work) Right now let's focus on my_dev.

It seems that windows fails on the first round as well, but it tries again
and succeeds.  Perhaps the stack should start over on the enumeration from
the beginning? Also windows sends most commands in sperate frames, rather
than using the same frame.  This may be the cause of the NAKs.  I realize
that we are probably within spec and the devices suck and windows
compensates.  However, it looks like we will have to fix this or risk
being incompatible.

Here are the summaries.

I use 'show USB transactions' for clarity.  Each time index is the closest
frame number.  I haven't figured out all the triggering stuff yet.

linux_mydev.usb
260     RESET
490     Initial GET_DESCRIPTOR, ACK
        Several IN commands followed by NAKs
        Device sends DESCRIPTOR
        host sends OUT.
492     SET_ADDRESS, ACK
        HOST sends IN, several NAKs
        Device sends 0 length data packet on addr 0 (this is required by
spec)
510     GET_DESCRIPTOR, no response or NAK (5*3 times)

win_mydev.usb
160     RESET
231     Initial GET_DESCRIPTOR, ACK
232     IN followed by device descriptor
234     host sends OUT
235     RESET (why?)
336     SET_ADDRESS, ack
337     HOST sends IN, gets 0 length data packet on addr0
351     GET_DESCRIPTOR, no response or NAK (3 times)
930     RESET
1071    Initial GET_DESCRIPTOR, ACK
1072    IN followed by device descriptor
1074    host sends OUT
1075    RESET (again, this strange reset)
1176    SET_ADRESS, ACK
1177    IN  followed by 0 length data
1191    GET_DESCRIPTOR, ACKed!
proceeds normally from here....