On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 03:16:29PM +1200, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> > Although this book is about 10 years old it is the one from
> > which I learnt my way around the unix beast.
> The book is "Peter Norton's Unix". Search on that title to get the
> very book's record.

Speaking of good books...

"Unix System V: A Practical Guide" (Mark G. Sobell)

I got it from the University bookshop 6 or 7 years ago, and would've
been completely lost without it. Maybe they're still selling it
there. I guess there's a chance it's in the library, too. It's
reviewed at amazon.com.

There's also "A Practical Guide to Linux", by the same author. I
haven't read it, but I'm sure it's worth checking out. Again, it's
reviewed at amazon.

A very good free book:
"The Linux Cookbook" (Michael Stutz)

read online:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/linuxcookbook/html/index.html

download (scroll down the page to find it):
http://www.tldp.org/guides.html

Debian:
apt-get install linuxcookbook

The author's homepage links to publishers of printed editions:
http://www.dsl.org/

Tim
--
Timothy Musson  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]