Judy Arrays is a modern associative array data structure.
        http://judy.sourceforge.net/
They could be used as a drop-in replacement for alists,
which are unpopular with some people because of the slow
insert and delete times.

  Pro: There is no beating judy for performance
  Pro: The judy api is not profoundly different from the alist api
  Pro: Judy is stable (no signficant changes in 2 years)
  Pro: I could probably make a shim and maintain both going forward

  Con: Judy is LGPLd, so I can't just drop it in epic5.
  Con: Which I wouldn't anyways, because Judy is bigger than epic
  Con: Judy is obscure and not widely deployed
  Con: Judy requires GNU Make (epic doesn't)

What do you all think?