On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 06:56:09PM -0500, Jeremy Nelson
wrote:
> Judy Arrays is a modern associative array data structure.
> http://judy.sourceforge.net/ They could be used as a
> drop-in replacement for alists, which are unpopular with
> some people because of the slow insert and delete times.
>
>   Pro: There is no beating judy for performance

As I found from sources, Associated Lists is used for this:
 - crypt list
 - ignore list
 - logfiles list
 - window list
(Though, I may be missing something)

Jeremy, do you think that replacing alists with Jlists will
give EPIC better performance? Personally, I use 1 or 2
persons for crypto list, 0 for ignore, about 15 slots for
logfiles and 7-10 for windows. I think there will be no
*noticeable* performance jump, probably only if one script a
benchmark. And also I think that no one use  EPIC with huge
amount of above-listed things, therefor there will be no
advantage :-(

Am I wrong somewhere?