Hey Mickael,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your concerns. Community feedback
is of uttermost importance on how we prioritize development and maintenance
tasks.

You are right that Log4j 3 is planned to target Java 17. Yet I can assure
you that Log4j 2 (targeting Java 8) will be around for quite a while and we
will certainly maintain it for several years.

Cheers!