Hi Joan,

On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:06, <joan.balagu...@ventusproxy.com> wrote:
> My application has been using async logging for years by setting this env
> variable on tomcat 8.5.x running on java 11 with log4j-2.15/6/7/8/9:
> -DLog4jContextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.BasicAsyncLoggerContextSelector
>
> Now we have migrated to Tomcat 10.1.18, java 17 and log4j-2.22.1. With the
> above variable set, nothing is logged. If I remove it then it starts to log
> again, but without async.
>
> Is there any change I'm missing regarding this async logging when moving to
> these new versions of tomcat, java and log4j?

Can you test with
`-Dlog4j2.contextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.BasicAsyncLoggerContextSelector`
since `Log4jContextSelector` is deprecated since 2.10?

Although it should have no influence on the context selector, if you
were using `log4j-web`, did you switch to `log4j-jakarta-web`?

Piotr