On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 03:20:48PM +0000, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Michael Stevens wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 03:47:48PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > > Write some stuff which will scan the local network for open relays and
> > > then just talk SMTP to them.  Someone stupid enough to not be able to
> > > install modules is stupid enough to have open relays.
> > If it's the local network the ability to relay SMTP through a machine
> > would be entirely sensible, surely?
>
> Ah. Now what you want is to get a machine off ORBS to try and relay mail
> through them with some source-routed path.... :) That's the way to abuse
> them. :)

Alternatively, just look up the recipient's mail server and talk SMTP to
it.  If you can't connect, try the backup servers.  If there aren't any,
then the recipient is too lame to talk to us.  If the administrator is
preventing your webserver from talking SMTP, then he should be beaten
mercilessly.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

PGP signature